Monday 5 August 2013

Day 101 : Late off the blocks

Date 29th July 2013
Mile 1335 to mile 1339 : Highway 36 to Stover Spring
Mileage : 4
Average mileage since day 101 : 4
So after all my talk of being diligent about miles i didn't get out of town til late. I woke up early and headed across the road to the adjacent motel for breakfast and interneting. By mid morning i had done all my trail chores but was still struggling to finish up on the computer. Many hours later i managed to finally get back to he trail-head thanks to Carol and Tod, who picked me up with family in tow. Back at the trailhead I discovered Chick-Chack and Starfox who were having similar issues leaving town. The three of us headed out into the evening together and camped just after the small springs not far from the road. I wondered when I'd next see these two again as my schedule from here on out is mile intensive and they hike at a more leisurely pace. I went to bed hoping thinking.about the end of the hike and with whom I'll keep in contact when this all done. There is no Canadian border equivalent to the Kick-Off at Lake Morena unfortunately, so hikers disperse quickly upon finishing. One compounding factor for me is hat I've decided i will not cross into Canada, and will simply head back to the nearest road when i get to the border monument. Hopefully I'll meet up.with some people in Seattle, but probably i won't see most of the other hikers I've met ever again.

Carol and Tod's family who gave me a ride back to the trailhead out of Chester

1 comment:

  1. Never say never Paddy all those guys have a big experience in common with you. Maybe a reunion on top of Half-Dome?

    ReplyDelete