Saturday 13 July 2013

Day 78 : Lethargy

6th July 2013
Mile 962.5 to mile 981 : Matterhorn Creek to Kerrick Creek.
Mileage : 18.5

Today was really, really tough. Last night my dinner was unusually unappetising, and unusually i didn't eat it. Consequently, my energy levels were really low all day, and that made hiking really difficult. I struggled all day, and by the middle of the afternoon i had only done 10 miles and was at the bottom of a big 1700ft climb, that i wanted so much not to do. I sat at the bottom of the hill being swarmed by bugs and took on over 1500 calories before attempting the climb. It still wasn't enough. I resolved to get to the bottom of the next climb and call it a day there instead of carrying on and doing one more climb. And so catch up with HoopDreams and Peter Pan. I ate another 1500 calories and tried to get an early night.

2 comments:

  1. I'm afraid there are always going to be highs and lows... get it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That girl is such a philosopher - that's what comes from being around Phil I suppose.

    ReplyDelete