Saturday 20 July 2013

Day 88 : A high day

16th July 2013
Mile 1113.5 to mile 1144 : Somewhere in Desolation Wilderness to Granite Chief Mountain
Mileage : 30.5

After yesterdy's tough and trying day i was determined the today would be better. And thankfully it was, considerably. I was up at dawn and had hiked almost 12 miles by 11am when i took my first break right before the first real climb of the day. The climbs of the day took me to some stunning viewpoints of Lake Tahoe, and during that afternoon i passed Starfox and Chick-Chack, Atlas and finally Rocky and T-Rex  just before ending my day a the sun was setting having completed over 30 miles. It felt good to be doing the big miles again, and i was actually looking forward to doing more high mile days in the future if they all go as easily as today's miles did. I camped on a granite outcrop overlooking Lake Tahoe and fell to sleep quickly after a long but successful day.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you gave your feet some TLC. You said earlier that 25 miles is your preferred distance in one day.

    ReplyDelete