Tuesday 1 October 2013

Day 148 : An equally bad day

25th September 2013
Mile 2372 to mile 2393 : Tacoma Pass to Miller Lake
Mileage : 21

I wish i could say that today was better than the day before, but it wasn't really. I wasn't really motivated when i got up, but knew the only way i was going to get off the trail was to continue down it, and that was still 30 miles farther down the trail. So off i went as fast as my ankle and and knee would allow me to move. I surprised myself by managing a full 21 miles before deciding to call a halt on the far shore of Miller Lake, 9 miles.short of Snoqualamie Pass. Perhaps i could have pushed harder and gotten the miles done, but my priority was not doing more damage than was already done, and i wanted to stop in time to set up camp and my shelter in the light, and was pleased with my progress today eventhough i did a lot less than i should have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment