Tuesday 8 October 2013

Day 159 : The hike continues

6th October 2013
No miles

Today i set about planning the final leg of my PCT hike. Having arrived last night in Winthrop at silly o'clock in the morning i didn't get a full nights sleep, but nevertheless was up early planning my road walk. Google maps informed me the totally.distance was 225 miles. A long way, but i was committed to doing it. It felt better than i had in weeks as i planned out my route, knowing that in a week's time I'd finally completed my hike. Given how unpleasant road walking is i wanted to slackpack as much as possible thus reducing the pain on my feet so planned for me first day to leave my rucksack and most of my stuff at the hostel, get a ride up to the pass, and hike back to the hostel. At the hostel i tracked down a number for a local trail angel, and very soon had my ride sorted. Logistics planning complete i spent the rest of the day catching up with some north bound hikers informing them as best i could about the conditions up on the trail. I also caught up with my blog, which i know has suffered over the last few days, and had time to read the comments and words of encouragement so many of you have been writing on my blog and Facebook. My thanks to you all for these comments, the last few days have been very difficult, but the encouraging comments you've all left help make up my mind to join up the missing dots and finally finish my PCT hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment