Tuesday 15 October 2013

Day 163 : Scrumping

10th October 2013
Beebie Bridge to Wenatchee
Mileage : 30

I was determined to do a higher mile day today than i had done yesterday, but it was tough. The road walk was starting to take its toll on me, and i only managed 30 miles before the light was falling and Frosty picked me up again. I started off strong, but the pace was difficult to maintain, especially given the hot sun, and the complete lack of any cover whatsoever. The route was lined with apple orchards which were teaming with crews picking the autumn harvest, and given as the fruit was in such abundance, i helped myself to one or two apples surreptitiously when there was no-one around. Frosty and Goldielocks had left some soft drinks and water for me at about the halfway mark, but stupidly i missed it. While at the Winthrop hostel Goldenboy had given me the audiobooks to Game of Thrones, and although I've read the first two books and seen the show i listened to it anyway, and was so absorbed in the story i walked straight passed the little cairn marking the magic they had left without noticing. During the day I organised to stay with the parents of fellow hiker Rafiki who lived in Wenatchee, so after getting back into the car after another long day on the road we drove into Wenatchee proper to find our accommodation for the night. I am ashamed to say have completely forgotten Rafiki's parents names, but will edit this blog to include them as soon as I find them out, i did however get a picture of them which i will upload as soon as I have Internet connection strong enough to do so. Rafiki's parents held the angel bar high that night as they fed and watered the three of us before we bedded down for an early night. I am pushing myself as hard as I can on the road, and it shows, after about 9pm I can scarcely keep my eyes open, and fell asleep pretty much as soon as my head hit the pillow, i slept for about 9 hours straight before the alarm went off for the third last day of my hike from Mexico to Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment