Saturday 25 May 2013

Day 33 : Zero at the Saufley's

23rd May 2013
No miles
Mileage : 0

Today was a full zero, but there was plenty to do nevertheless. I planned on taking advantage.of the trip to the ish local REI camping shop for some new equipment. Three items of my kit need renewing in some way or another. The firs is my broken trekking pole. I broke it just before Deep Creek and have finally gotten hold of the shop who sold them to me and who agreed to send me a replacement to Kennedy Meadows so hopefully I'll be back to two for the Sierras. The second is my footwear. Clearly my running shoes are just not adequate for the trail so I've replaced them with trail runners, i hope the new shoes work out better. The third is my sleeping bag. As previously mentioned my current bag is not good enough so I've decided to get a new one and have it mailed to me at Tehachapi.

Chores complete the rest of the day was spent updating my blog and generally relaxing. While i was sitting around today i took the opportunity to try and break in my new shoes, which are great so far. Almost instantly i could feel my Achilles was hurting less, so I'm convinced the route of my pain has been my shoes rather than an injury, acute or chronic.

1 comment:

  1. Good news with the shoes Paddy. You'll feel like Popeye after a banquet of spinach when you set off again.

    ReplyDelete